(this topic was ported quickly from old documentation and needs updated)
The tracker allows you to view brief info about ‘hot’ fragging action going on in game, for example ‘Foobar is on killing spree, 10 frags in a row!’
Now you can also move frag messages out of usual notification area (and console) and view them in a more friendly readable way in a different place.
To enable it you have to have fragfile.dat in your ./ezquake/ or ./qw/ directory and have following variables set (type them into the console or into your qw config):
/cl_parsefrags 1 /cl_loadfragfiles 1 /r_tracker_frags 2
The text resolution setting,
/con_width must be set to at least 512.
- 0 (off)
- Disable both streaks and custom frag messages
- 1 (default)
- Enable brief frag info (who is on killing spree).
- 2 (custom frags)
- Enable both brief frag info and custom frag messages.
You can turn off standard frag messages in console with:
- Only display frag messages in the tracker, remove from console/nofify
- Display frag messages in the tracker and also in console/notify
- Display frag messages in the tracker and console, but remove from notify area
Other customization can be done with these variables.
- Changes total ammount of messages drawn in the extra window
- Sets the font size for the messages
- Controls the alignment of the window
- Sets the placement of the extra frag messages window
- Sets the background color in “R G B A” (red, green, blue, alpha) format.
- How long each message will stay on the screen before disappearing
- Controls if killing sprees should be displayed
- Controls if actions related to the Capture The Flag mod should be displayed
The gender in killing spree messages will depend on the
/gender cvar set by the player (this also requires server support)